Students will learn computerized bookkeeping utilizing the QuickBooks software. This program will expose students to basic and more advanced tools used to set up and manage a business. Learn how to create invoices, make payments, manage receivables, and produce instant reports and charts. Setting up and managing payroll is also covered.
We offer group as well as one-on-one training. The course is hands on with you performing the exercises and real-world projects. An experienced, New York State licensed instructor will guide you, clarify information and answer questions. Our facility is located in Lake Success, NY.
Our day classes meet five days Mon-Fri from 9 am to 12:50 pm.
The course is 20 hours in total.
Class sizes are small (usually 5 or 6 students).
Textbooks are available for loan (no charge) or purchase.
If you are interested in day classes, please call us at 516 482-2323 or fill out the form on this page.
Appointments are available to visit the school and observe a class in progress.
If you are interested in Evening or Saturday classes, click below.
Introduction/Setting up Quickbooks
Creating a QuickBooks Company
- The easy step interview
- Setting up income and expense accounts
- Entering opening balances
Working with lists
- Editing the chart of accounts
- Working with the Customer & Jobs
- Working with the Employee and Vendor lists
Working with bank accounts
- Check writing
- Using bank account registers
- Entering handwritten checks
- Transferring money between accounts
- Reconciling checking accounts
Working with other types of accounts
- Tracking credit card transactions
- Working with asset, liability and equity accounts
Entering sales and invoices
- Filling in a sales form
- Memorizing a sale
- Using multiple price levels
- Using statements to bill customers
- Tracking backorders
Receiving payments and making deposits
- Recording customer payments
- Making deposits
- Entering and paying bills
- Handling bills
Using accounts payable
- Analyzing financial data
- Creating reports and graphs
- Memorizing report settings
Setting up inventory
- Entering products into inventory
- Ordering and receiving products
Entering bills for inventory
- Manually adjusting inventory
- Tracking finished goods
Tracking and paying sales tax
- Overview/Setting up payroll
- Setting up employee payroll information
- Writing a paychecks
- Tracking tax liabilities
- Paying payroll taxes
Estimating and progress invoicing
- Creating jobs and estimates
- Writing an estimate
- Creating multiple estimates
- Invoicing a customer for time and mileage
- Displaying project reports for time tracking
- Customizing forms and writing QuickBooks Letters
- About forms
- Customizing invoices
Designing custom layouts for forms