Students will learn computerized bookkeeping utilizing the QuickBooks software. This evening Quickbooks course will expose students to basic and more advanced tools used to set up and manage a business. Learn how to create invoices, make payments, manage receivables, and produce instant reports and charts. Setting up and managing payroll is also covered.
We offer group as well as one-on-one training. The course is hands on with you performing the exercises and real-world projects. An experienced, New York State licensed instructor will guide you, clarify information and answer questions. Our facility is located in Lake Success, NY.
Our evening classes meet Tues/Thurs evenings from 6 pm to 8:30 pm.
The course is 20 hours in total.
Class sizes are small (usually 5 or 6 students).
Textbooks are available for loan (no charge) or purchase.
If you are interested in evening classes, please call us at (516) 482-2323 or fill out the form on this page. Appointments are available to visit the school and observe a class in progress.
If you are interested in Daytime or Saturday classes, click the links below.
Introduction/Setting up Quickbooks
Creating a QuickBooks Company
- The easy step interview
- Setting up income and expense accounts
- Entering opening balances
Working with lists
- Editing the chart of accounts
- Working with the Customer & Jobs
- Working with the Employee and Vendor lists
Working with bank accounts
- Check writing
- Using bank account registers
- Entering handwritten checks
- Transferring money between accounts
- Reconciling checking accounts
Working with other types of accounts
- Tracking credit card transactions
- Working with asset, liability and equity accounts
Entering sales and invoices
- Filling in a sales form
- Memorizing a sale
- Using multiple price levels
- Using statements to bill customers
- Tracking backorders
Receiving payments and making deposits
- Recording customer payments
- Making deposits
- Entering and paying bills
- Handling bills
Using accounts payable
- Analyzing financial data
- Creating reports and graphs
- Memorizing report settings
Setting up inventory
- Entering products into inventory
- Ordering and receiving products
Entering bills for inventory
- Manually adjusting inventory
- Tracking finished goods
Tracking and paying sales tax
- Overview/Setting up payroll
- Setting up employee payroll information
- Writing a paychecks
- Tracking tax liabilities
- Paying payroll taxes
Estimating and progress invoicing
- Creating jobs and estimates
- Writing an estimate
- Creating multiple estimates
- Invoicing a customer for time and mileage
- Displaying project reports for time tracking
- Customizing forms and writing QuickBooks Letters
- About forms
- Customizing invoices
Designing custom layouts for forms