Gloria K is offering an evening program in Microsoft Excel on both the beginning and intermediate/advanced levels. These courses may be taken individually, but some students take both courses starting with the beginning and progressing to more advanced levels.
We offer group as well as one-on-one training. The course is hands on with you performing the exercises and real-world projects. An experienced, New York State licensed instructor will guide you, clarify information and answer questions. Our facility is located in Lake Success, NY.
Our evening classes meet Tues/Thurs evenings from 6 pm to 8:30 pm.
The course is 20 hours in total.
Class sizes are small (usually 5 or 6 students).
Textbooks are available for loan (no charge) or purchase.
If you are interested in evening classes, please call us at (516) 482-2323 or fill out the form on this page. Appointments are available to visit the school, meet with the school director, and observe a class in progress.
If you are interested in Daytime or Saturday classes, click the links below.
This course is designed for those that want to learn Excel from the start or refresh a basic knowledge of the program. Even with some familiarity with Microsoft Excel, there is always something new to be learned from our Excel beginning course.
- Create, save, and navigate an Excel workbook
- Enter and edit data in a Worksheet
- Construct and copy formulas, Use the sum function, and edit cells, use the Autofill feature
- Format data, cell, and Worksheets
- Close and reopen a Workbook
- Chart data
- Use Page layout View, Prepare a Worksheet for Printing
- Design a Workseet
- Creating and formatting Sparklines
- Construct formulas for Mathematical Operations
- Format percentages and move formulas
- Create a pie chart and chart sheet
- Use the Excel Help system
- Create and Save a Workbook from an Existing Workbook
- Navigate a Workbook and Rename Worksheets
- Enter Dates, Clear Contents, and Clear Formats
- Move, Copy, and Paste Cell Contents
- Edit and Format Multiple Worksheets at the Same Time
- Create a Summary Sheet (more)
- Format and Print Multiple Worksheets in a Workbook
- Design a Worksheet for What-If Analysis
- Perform What-If Analysis (more)
- Use SUM, AVERAGE, MEDIAN, MIN, and MAX Functions
- Use COUNTIF and IF Functions, and Apply Conditional Formatting
- Using the NOW Function
- Freeze Panes and Create an Excel Table
- Format and Print a Large Worksheet
- Use Financial Functions, PMT
- Designing a Loan Worksheet
This course is for students that are already comfortable with their basic knowledge of Excel and want to take their knowledge to the next level.
- Use Goal Seek
- Create a Data Table
- Open an Excel Template
- Customize a Template
- Save a Workbook as a Template
- Enter Data in a Customized Template
- Create Range Names
- Ensure Data Integrity/Validation
- Use Lookup Functions - VLookup and HLookup (more)
- Protect the Worksheet and Save it as a Template
- Import Data into Excel
- Clean-up Data from External Sources
- Analyze Data with Excel Database Tools
- Use Database Functions
- Create and Modify PivotTable Reports (more)
- Create PivotChart Reports
- Compare Dates and Round Numbers
- Apply Business Decisions with Logical Operators
- Insert Comments and Document a Workbook
- Record a Macro